We accept previously unpublished written work. All rights revert back to the author/artist after publication of the issue.
Issue 13 is a special theme issue! For our "unlucky number 13" issue, we're looking for superstitions. We want your ghost stories, your bad luck tales, your hauntings, monsters, folklore, and urban legends. How does superstition manifest in your culture? What are your rituals for combating it? These can all be based in real life fact, or completely fictional worlds.
The average response time on submissions is 3-4 weeks after the submission period closes.
- Submitters can send work to more than one category so long as each category's guidelines are followed.
- Submissions are blind. Do not include any identifying information on your submission — that's what the submission form and cover letter are for.
- Formatting for all pieces should be in Times New Roman, pt. 12 font.
- Prose submissions should be double spaced.
- PDF files should only be submitted to the Drama category.
- Failure to follow any guidelines will disqualify your submission.
Though we greatly appreciate all of our contributors, Jenny unfortunately can not pay its contributors at this time.
Art submitted here will be considered for use in the visual elements of Jenny. Due to the nature of the layout process, submissions here will be considered for any issue following the one currently being produced (i.e., any submissions in Fall will be considered for use in the following Spring issue or later).
Please upload your submission as a zipped (.zip) archive. Within that archive, your images may be in any format that is natively-viewable in windows, but JPEG is preferred.
Submissions will be open year-round